Tuesday 24 November 2015

I P P C 2 0 1 5 Day 7 (Sunday Global Service) Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

Romans 1:11-12 (see also TLB)
"For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me."

2 Timothy 1:6
"Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands."


Song:
I see His (God's) glory in me!
Praise His Name, heaven and earth
I see His glory in me

God's glory came down upon Moses but that glory dwells richly in our hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:1-18, 4:1-7
"...Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart...

3:18. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD....

4:7. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."

Song:
I have oil in my life
I am burning
I have oil in my life all day...

Most Christians pray and don't know God has answered. The Bible says, "all the promises of God in Christ are yes". Christ is the fulfillment of God's promises - there are no more promises.

Galatians 3:29
"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

The problem with many Christians is that they don't realise the cost of unbelief and fear. People were raised with a mentality of unbelief and fear and it became part of their subconscious. Most of the things we learn in life are not necessarily in schools but on daily experiences.

In Christianity, we are doers of the Word not obeyers of the Word. There's a great difference between doing and obeying. Doing the Word means living the Word. We are the epistles of Christ.

I am the light of the world
Everywhere I go, I am the light
And I shine brightly

The Word of God should be more real to us as our personality is to us. Drop the body consciousness - don't be ruled by the dictate of your body. Rule your body from your spirit. Now that Christ has given you life and has become your life. He that is joined to Jesus is one Spirit with God. Be proud of who you are in Christ. The Father doesn't love Jesus more than He loves us.

You are a new creation in Christ Jesus - a superior being. It's more than a favour. Stop praying for good things to happen to you. You are the good thing, you are the favour. You are the light of the world (Matthew 5:13-14).

When you approach God from your own humility, He will bless you. Don't stay with unbelief, fear or pride. As the light of God increases on your life, you grow and move and continue to grow. As you behold the glory of God... (2 Corinthians 3:18). What you see is what you become.

Hebrews 12:2
"Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Some people come to distract you from the path God has set for you but God will hold you responsible for yourself. How can the Word of God bless you so much, and you forget the path God has set for you?

"I'm living the glory of God". My life is getting more glorious by the day. Your heart is indicting a good matter!  What will you do with what you've received?

Christianity doesn't do anything for you. You do something with your Christianity. When you have a tool, it doesn't do anything for you; rather you use the tool. Christianity is a practice - practice it. You need the revelation of a Christian after being born again. You need a vision.

No comments: